Test Your Cyber-Risk Knowledge
Data breaches and cyber attacks damage small U.S. businesses every day. Take our quiz to see how well you know the risks and importance of cyber insurance.
true or false?
1. Over 50% of all small U.S. businesses have reported cyber attacks.
According to the 2017 Symantec Internet Security Threat Report, 55% of small business owners experienced a cyber attack in the past 12 months.
2. All 50 states require notification of security breaches involving personally identifiable information.
As of April, 2017, 48 states have legislation requiring security breach notifications.
3. Large government agencies are the most common targets for cyber crime.
Unfortunately, no business, regardless of size or industry, is safe from cyber crime. From health care providers to academic institutions, every organization should be prepared.
4. 95% of all data breaches result from criminal or malicious attacks.
While it’s true that half of all incidents are criminally related, 25% are caused by employee negligence and 28% result from system or IT glitches, according to a 2017 Ponemon study.
5. The average number of days it takes an organization to identify a data breach is 15.
According to a 2017 Ponemon study, it takes organizations an average of 191 days to identify a data breach.
your score: 0%