December 7, 2021
Alacrity Solutions joins the water mitigation vendor program
Whether it’s a burst pipe or a leak in the roof after a heavy rain, a water loss can be a disruptive event for your clients. That’s why we’ve made enhancements to the small commercial water mitigation vendor program to deliver an even better customer and agent claims experience.
In order to provide better coverage and more capacity for water mitigation services, we’ve added a new vendor partner – Alacrity Solutions. A third-party administrator for water mitigation vendors, Alacrity Solutions provides oversight for a network of more than 2,500 independent operators and franchise-based services across the country, many of which are locally owned, community businesses. You can reach a representative from Alacrity Solutions by calling 888-291-7508.
We continue to work with our existing partner, Paul Davis Restoration, too. A franchise-based provider offering water mitigation and insurance contracting services since 1966, Paul Davis Restoration provides nationwide coverage through more than 300 offices across the country. You can reach a representative from Paul Davis Restoration by calling 844-865-0334.
For your clients’ water mitigation needs, please reach out to Alacrity Solutions or Paul Davis Restoration directly.
Why recommend a preferred Emergency Mitigation Services (EMS) vendor?
Partnerships with program vendors ensure a mutual commitment to taking care of our customers in a timely, cost-effective and professional manner. In addition, we provide a greater service to our customers when we can recommend a professional EMS company that helps them get back in business sooner.
Refer a local water mitigation provider
With the addition of Alacrity Solutions as a preferred program vendor, we are now accepting referrals for qualified local water mitigation service providers. Referrals will be screened to ensure the vendor meets the high standards set by both Liberty Mutual and Alacrity Solutions. If a vendor meets the qualifications for the program, the vendor may be added to the list of program participants under Alacrity Solutions. To refer a water mitigation service vendor, please email email@example.com with the contractors’ information.
Whether it’s a burst pipe or a leak in the roof after a heavy rain, a water loss can be a disruptive event for your clients. That’s why we’ve made enhancements to the small commercial water mitigation vendor program to deliver an even better customer and agent claims experience. Partnerships In order to…
National Advisory Councils help shape 2022 priorities
Tyler Asher is president of independent agent distribution, leading Safeco personal lines and Liberty Mutual business lines.
Independent agents are at the center of everything we do. Our success depends on your success, and feedback and collaboration are essential to how we deliver a best-in-class agent experience.
The Advisory Council process is one of the most important ways we collect that feedback and collaborate on the topics that are most pressing for our agency partners. The robust, yearlong process includes several regional and committee-level meetings where groups of dedicated agents come together with Liberty Mutual and Safeco leaders to discuss the challenges and opportunities we are collectively facing. The process ultimately culminates in the National Advisory Council (NAC).
For the first time this year, both the Safeco and Liberty Mutual business lines NAC events took place in the same week – offering a holistic view of the ways we can improve the agent experience as a collaborative IA distribution organization. Both groups addressed topics spanning from product to claims, underwriting to technology. The outcome is a set of registry items put forth by each council as a roadmap for the coming year, and a commitment from us to make progress on those items.
As we look forward to 2022, the process has helped shape our priorities. Across Safeco and business lines, those priorities are focused on three key areas:
- Increasing the speed in which we update existing products and bring new, competitve products to market
- Continuing our technology transformation, with a focus on modernizing our quoting platforms
- Improving the underwriting and claims experience to ensure agents and our mutual customers receive the best possible service from our team
Safeco NAC president and owner of Mountain State Agency Alliance, Kristin Garlow, offered her perspective on how the advisory council process benefits all agents:
“The advisory council offers an opportunity for open dialogue and transparent discussion. We tackle difficult topics, provide insights into changing market conditions, and bring together agent feedback from across the country to advise on a go-forward strategy. I’m encouraged by the positive change that has been brought about during my tenure and know the NAC will continue to guide us forward for years to come.”
Jerry Heming, Liberty Mutual business lines NAC president and director of commercial lines at Van Meter Insurance, reflected on our past successes and the opportunities we have together going forward:
“As a long-time member of the advisory council, it’s been a great privilege to serve in the presidency role during a time of transformation. In 2020, the feedback provided by the advisory council was imperative to Liberty Mutual’s COVID response. As we continue to navigate a market in flux, the council will remain a central force for leading business lines into the future. I look forward to seeing many of the positive changes we’ve influenced come to fruition in 2022 and beyond.”
Thank you to Kristin and Jerry for your service this year, and to each advisory council member for your dedication to a process that benefits thousands of agents appointed with Liberty Mutual and Safeco.
All agents are encouraged to participate by providing feedback and can do so by reaching out directly to a council member. Directories of Regional and National Advisory Council members are available on the Liberty Mutual Agents Portal. We appreciate your continued partnership and look forward to another year of growth and progress, together.
Tyler Asher is president of independent agent distribution, leading Safeco personal lines and Liberty Mutual business lines. Independent agents are at the center of everything we do. Our success depends on your success, and feedback and collaboration are essential to how we deliver a best-in-class agent experience. The Advisory Council process is one…
Earn up to $100 per policy before it’s too late!
Getting ready to set up your out-of-office reply for the holidays? Not so fast! There’s still time to receive an extra Instant Incentives™ spin for every farm, inland marine and business owner’s policy you issue through Dec. 31, 2021 – that’s up to $100 per policy! Get spinning before it’s too late.
Not enrolled in Instant Incentives yet? Visit the Instant Incentives enrollment page to get started.
Getting ready to set up your out-of-office reply for the holidays? Not so fast! There’s still time to receive an extra Instant Incentives™ spin for every farm, inland marine and business owner’s policy you issue through Dec. 31, 2021 – that’s up to $100 per policy! Get spinning before it’s too late. Not enrolled…
Protecting our systems from cyber attacks
Hackers are targeting the personal and financial data that passes through online quoting and rating systems – and the credentials you use to log in to those systems are a common starting point for these attacks.
What you need to do
The best way to reduce the impact of credentials theft is to reset your password regularly – at minimum every 90 days, and immediately after a staff member leaves your agency. Other tactics recommended for safeguarding data on the systems you use:
- Avoid sharing passwords among staff as this increases the risk and impact of a data breach.
- Never use the same user ID and password for multiple systems.
- Always keep the email address and phone number associated with your account up-to-date.
- Safeguard your user IDs and passwords – and never post them where they can be seen, such as on sticky notes or in spreadsheets.
- Learn about common social engineering ploys – methods hackers use to gain your trust and compromise the security of your systems.
What we’re doing
Earlier this year, we required agencies to reset their passwords for our systems – something we’ll continue to require periodically.
In a couple of months, we’ll start rolling out multi-factor authentication for agency log-ins – a security feature that will make our systems much more secure. Note that all agency log-ins will require multi-factor authentication in the near future.
Multi-factor authentication will make it nearly impossible to share IDs and passwords, so we’re strongly advising agencies to create unique credentials for their staff and update them regularly. To obtain your own unique ID, contact your agency administrator.
Hackers are targeting the personal and financial data that passes through online quoting and rating systems – and the credentials you use to log in to those systems are a common starting point for these attacks. What you need to do The best way to reduce the impact of credentials theft is to…
Updates to auto in eCLIQ® Simple™
Doing business with us is even easier with eCLIQ Simple. Check out this recent change:
- Comprehensive and collision coverage are no longer automatically added when quoting auto new business in eCLIQ Simple. Get an initial baseline quote at a lower price and then work with your client to add the coverages they need.
Doing business with us is even easier with eCLIQ Simple. Check out this recent change: Comprehensive and collision coverage are no longer automatically added when quoting auto new business in eCLIQ Simple. Get an initial baseline quote at a lower price and then work with your client to add the coverages they need. Learn more…
In Case You Missed It
July 16, 2019
- Marketing Dispelling myths about millennial consumers.
- Products Find new opportunities to write Inland Marine.
- Training/Resources Thirsty for agency growth and improved retention?
- Risk Control Risk control resources at your fingertips.
- Training/Resources Continuing education opportunities (Oct – Dec).
August 22, 2019
November 5, 2019
- Marketing COMING SOON: Independent Agent Giving
- Online Resources New eBonding platform
- Agent Broker Resources, Marketing Instant Incentives™ is now more rewarding.
- Billing/Premium Audit, Online Resources Premium Audit eReport… an easy, time-saving win!
- Training/Resources Producer and CSR Development Programs
November 19, 2019
- Marketing The Decade of Good Deeds – The countdown begins
- Products Quote scheduled property online in minutes
- Appetite/Industries, Risk Control Ready your retail clients for the holiday season
- Marketing, Risk Control Small Business Saturday®
- Marketing Side hustles are on the rise for millennials
- Marketing How does your agency stack up online?
January 21, 2020
- Marketing 20 insurance leaders to watch in 2020
- Appetite/Industries Interactive small business appetite guide
- Products New inland marine eCLIQ® guidelines
- Appetite/Industries 12 target segments for 2020
- Training/Resources Learn about our Agent Giving Program
- Training/Resources Boost your productivity at the office
February 18, 2020
- Appetite/Industries We’re hungry for food and beverage manufacturers
- Training/Resources Find the right marketing training program!
- Marketing Apply for Change Agents™ Fighting Hunger
- Billing/Premium Audit, Online Resources Billing self-service on the Agents’ Portal
- Training/Resources Insurance Industry Trends and Key Classes to Target
March 3, 2020
- Appetite/Industries Grow your book with industrial equipment manufacturers
- Claims Telemedicine: Rapid care for injured workers
- Marketing Double spins ends March 31!
- Marketing News you can use – now on all your favorite social media channels!
- Training/Resources Register soon: Agent development programs
March 17, 2020
- Appetite/Industries Get paid more for writing workers compensation
- Training/Resources New virtual, self-paced marketing training
- Marketing Here are the 17 Make More Happen™ winners
- Training/Resources Flexible solutions for property on the move
- Training/Resources Have time for a professional development snack?
May 12, 2020
- Online Resources Staying connected to clients during office closures
- Products Inland marine COVID-19 impact and response
- Appetite/Industries Ready to dabble in durable goods wholesalers?
- Online Resources Check out our updated small business appetite guide
- Training/Resources Improve your selling skills in just 20 minutes per week!
May 26, 2020
- Risk Control Builder’s risk: Protecting the jobsite
- Risk Control Commercial umbrella rates are trending up
- Training/Resources Have 20 minutes? Learn how inland marine can help you build your book
- Billing/Premium Audit Extended to June 15: Billing leniency
- Billing/Premium Audit Pay-as-you-go billing is more important than ever
June 9, 2020
August 18, 2020
- Products Clients experiencing project delays? They could save big with inland marine
- Appetite/Industries Hit pay dirt with excavation and grading contractors
- Appetite/Industries Write vineyards and wineries with us!
- Products Don’t forget: Double spins on all products!
- Training/Resources Get 10% off industry-leading training for CSRs, producers and marketers
- Risk Control Wildfires are on the rise
September 1, 2020
- Risk Control An important layer of protection for farm
- Online Resources Everything you need to know about service and supply bonds
- Products It’s easier than ever to quote inland marine in eCLIQ®
- Products The simplest way to write BOP and auto
- Appetite/Industries Set your sights on custom target markets
- Training/Resources Brush up on your selling and retention skills in just 20 minutes per week!
April 6, 2021
- Marketing There’s a new product page for every line you write
- Other Snag your package deal!
- Products Multiple states: Introducing the refreshed Liberty Mutual® Small Commercial Umbrella
- Risk Control Improving the auto signed forms request process
- Other Business lines communicable disease exclusion
- A smoother Agent Learning Center experience
July 6, 2021
- Online Resources The Agents’ Portal has that new car smell
- Training/Resources Multiple states: Introducing the refreshed Liberty Mutual® Small Commercial Umbrella
- Products Have you heard the news? We’re extending higher WC commissions through the end of the year
- Online Resources Updates to Auto in eCLIQ® Simple™
- Marketing You showed you care, even when you couldn’t be there
October 5, 2021
- Products Earn up to $100 per policy – 3 eligible products!
- Products Multiple states: Introducing the refreshed Liberty Mutual® Small Commercial Umbrella
- Products It’s Cybersecurity Awareness Month! Are your clients protected?
- Training/Resources Things just got easier! Paperless one-click option is here
November 2, 2021
November 16, 2021
- Products Multiple states: The next generation of motor cargo has arrived
- Products Exclusive new benefits for your cyber suite clients
- Products There’s still time to earn up to $100 per policy
- Risk Control Protect your agency with our Agents E&O Program
- Training/Resources Updates to auto and BOP in eCLIQ® Simple™
December 7, 2021
- Claims Alacrity Solutions joins the water mitigation vendor program
- Training/Resources National Advisory Councils help shape 2022 priorities
- Products Earn up to $100 per policy before it’s too late!
- Risk Control Protecting our systems from cyber attacks
- Training/Resources Updates to auto in eCLIQ® Simple™